SENIOR GEOLOGY SPECIALIST
- The RFD team in Kuala Lumpur is looking for Senior Geologist to lead technical sales as well as provide technical support to our existing Clients in the Asia PAC region.
- Key role in ensuring high quality of service, via delivering consultancy projects as well as providing on-site support and technology implementation services to our existing and potential clients in the region.
- Reports directly to Regional Manager.
Bachelor/ M.Sc. degree
- Research new leads and business opportunities for G&G.
- Managing the initial technical presales and giving software presentation to RFD’s potential clients.
- Coordination with 1st and 2nd line support in the development center when necessary.
- Set up meetings between client’s and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Managing software trainings and evaluation projects.
- Manages coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Leads in software deployment projects at client sites.
- Investigates, analyzes, resolves and prepares reports on moderate to complex client tickets via telephone, email or on-site visits.
- Ensures service quality and pre-emptively informs development team when potential issues arise.
- Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives.
- Proactively visits clients to discuss software related issues, including defects, workarounds and emergency fixes, providing information detailing the history, resolution, and status.
- Initiates and leads client conference calls on topics of key interest such as new features, upgrade advice, product usage tips.
- Prioritizes issues and works with commercial and technical members.
- Explains multi-product, multi domain workflow concepts and relevant data model characteristics to clients when required.
- Minimum Bachelor/ M.Sc. degree and 7 years’ of relevant experience.
- Well-developed Geology technical skills and experience within the areas of field exploration, development, production and well planning / execution.
- Good working knowledge of geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir geology and dynamic reservoir disciplines for effective collaboration.
- Ability to integrate effectively across disciplines and communicate uncertainties (risks and opportunities).
- Good team player
- Ability to manage high workload and several tasks simultaneously.
- Responsible and structured.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and effective interpersonal skills required.
- Software skills to the requirements: Static simulators (Petrel, tNavigator or similar).