RIG INSPECTOR - ELECTRICAL & INTEGRATED CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Our Partner ADC is looking to recruit Rig Inspectors based in the Asia PAC region to conduct inspections on Drilling Rig Electrical & Electronic control systems.
- An Integrated Control Systems (ICS) Rig Inspector is responsible through ADC, to provide the Client with a valid assessment and report on the serviceability and functionality of software driven electronic control systems relating to the control of rig drilling and marine equipment. Furthermore, he may be required to provide specialist advice, operational support or training material to clients upon request.
- Time spent away will be project dependent with a target maximum period of 30 days at a time. However, this may be exceeded subject to project requirements.
Degree or Equivalent Exp
Asia PAC region
The ICS Principal Specialist will plan, organise, monitor testing and report on Integrated Control Systems aspects of each rig related project and conduct the following tasks where applicable:
- Collate information and reference material related to the task.
- Collate detailed client requirements.
- Liaise with Client and Rig management to ensure that specific requests relating to testing can be met.
- Produce Test Schedules where required.
- Ensure all personal administration requirements are fulfilled.
- Review Equipment Documentation.
- Conduct Visual Inspection of hardware.
- Monitor testing of equipment.
- Monitor factory acceptance testing.
- Witness and evaluate commissioning procedures.
- Witness Systems Integration Testing.
- Witness and evaluate Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Conduct gap analysis where required.
- Produce daily reports.
- Produce final reports and documentation as required.
- Conduct follow up actions as required.
- Valid Offshore Medical Certificates.
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training and Emergency Breathing System – HUWET &EBS
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training - BOSIET
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Computer literate, capable of producing technical reports, and organising/analysing data.
- Broad knowledge in electrical, hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Electronic systems technical experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Above average skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluent in English language.
- Not colour blind.
- Capable of climbing high ladders
- Does not suffer from vertigo or claustrophobia.
- Degree level education or equivalent in related field.
- 20 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Chief Engineer level or equivalent.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of Kongsberg, NOV, Aker or TTS systems.
- Background in test and evaluation of complex systems.
- Team player, capable of liaising with operational, technical and professional personnel from Company, Client and Governmental organizations.