Well Site Geologist
- Manage all geological aspects of activities carried out at the wellsite at the order of the Operation Geologist.
- Ensure best practise target evaluation and geological data collection on the wellsite.
- Regularly communicate drilling progress and provide geological interpretation of wellsite activities to the Operation Geologist.
- Contribute, review and understand the drilling and formation evaluation programme prior to drilling commencement.
- Instruct and supervise all geological operations at the wellsite including mudlogging, DD/LWD/MWD, core acquisition, and wireline logging.
- Examine & describe cuttings while drilling on the provided format and report on a basis required.
- Monitor and provide quality assurance and quality control on all third party contractors related to wireline, core acquisition, DD/LWD/MWD and mud logging activities. If necessary recommend modifications and/or additions to the logging programmes in coordination with the Operations Geologist and the Drilling Supervisor.
- Monitor and observe drilling parameters and geological information while drilling and report to Operations Geologist and Drilling Supervisor as required.
- Ensure all gas detection and mudlogging equipment is calibrated and working correctly and recording all hydrocarbon shows.
- Assist in ensuring that required on-site calibrations have been performed for all LWO and wireline logging tools prior being run in hole.
- Ensure correct transmittal, copying, packaging and distribution of all geological data from wireline logs, core, LWD logs, mud logs, cuttings, and fluid samples.
- Pore pressure and fracture gradient analysis, monitoring and prediction during drilling operations.
- Evaluate all indications of over-pressured zones and make suitable operational recommendations.
- Daily completion and correspondence of geological reporting and operations reports which summarizes last 24 hrs drilling activities, relevant cutting descriptions, gas or oil shows, mud data and provisional formation tops with comparison of prognosed to actual depths.
- Ensure after completion of the well that all mud logs and lithology logs are completed and that all samples are properly packaged and dispatched.
- Contribution to all post-well evaluation and preparation of well completion reports, including compilation of Basic Data Report which consists of third party raw data. This will be subsequently followed by the compilation of a detailed Interpretation Report that incorporates all interpretive results from all third party data.
- Degree in Geology.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a wellsite geologist.
- Experience in LWD and wireline logging operations, particularly for thin bed identification and formation pressure evaluation.
- Working knowledge of real-time log analysis and interpretation.
- Experience and working knowledge in core acquisition, preservation, and transportation.
- In-depth experience with supervising and QAQC of wireline logging operations that involve DSI, CMR, OBMI, RFT and 3DRT tools. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, with an emphasis on reporting objectives and key findings.
- Well-developed skills in team and people management and confident leader.
- Current offshore medical clearance and BOSET validity during planned drilling campaign is recommended.