Static Equipment Engineer
Static Equipment Engineer will act as an independent reference to Company and provide remedial options in an advisory role on anomalies identified i.e.
- Finding the root cause of failure
- Make recommendations on corrective actions
- Advise on avoiding repetition of similar failures
- Provide recommendations on providing timelines for temporary remedial action
- Engineering Degree preferably in mechanical engineering, materials/metallurgy, corrosion or equivalent with at least 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas industry in RBI and/or development of Inspection program.
- Knowledge in API 510, API570, API579
- In depth knowledge of failure mechanism and preventive and corrective maintenance requirement
- Familiar with non-destructive testing NDT methods, applications and limitations.
- Sound knowledge and practiced International Standards and codes relating to Oil and Gas industry, structures, pipelines, pressure vessels and process facilities, Swedish Standard and NACE standard specifications for painting and relating to corrosion control and monitoring activities.
- Sound knowledge on Corrosion Risk Assessment, Design & Materials Selection, Protective Coatings and Lining, Chemical Treatment, Cathodic Protection including testing and monitoring techniques and Corrosion Monitoring.
- Fully conversant with mechanical catalogues, general arrangement (GA), P&ID and other related drawings for the mechanical and piping equipment and installation.
- Conversant with technical drawing (structural and lineworks) using computer program.
- Able to read engineering drawings.