Senior Drilling Engineer
- Position based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
- Responsible for all drilling engineering conceptual screening and input into FEED, leading well planning/design and drilling engineering for identified development wells.
Staff / Contractor
Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Offset well review
- Well head design selection to allow development objectives to be delivered
- Trajectory and anti-collision feasibility
- Casing design and kick tolerance evaluation
- Drilling fluids design / Cement design / BHA design
- Input into completion design and strategy
- Preparation of minimum equipment requirements and ordering of long lead items.
- Contracting strategy
- Collaboration with Subsurface and Input into Basis of Well Design
- Collaboration with engineering team on hook up and production integration requirements
- Well delivery and long lead timeline plan
- Baseline time and cost analysis
- Critical Risk identification
- Preparation of integrated engineering design sign off sheets
- Preparation of Basis for well design document
- Evaluate new technology opportunities
- Support the HSE coordinator during preparation and approval of SISO
- Provide input during preparation of the Field Development Plan and support during the FDP approval process
- 15 years’ experience working in various drilling engineering roles with established Operators.
- 5 years’ experience working at Senior Drilling Engineer level.
- 1 year experience working offshore as a Wellsite Drilling Engineer / Supervisor.
- Directly involved in at least one development project involving wellhead platform drilling that has occurred during the past 10‐years utilizing jack‐up rig.
- Involvement should have been during all project stages:
- Initial Concept Select phase
- Define phase to FDP approval and project sanction
- Execute phase: Detailed well planning and rig operations
- Experience with contracting and supply chain management
- Knowledge of wellhead platform design, slot extension beneficial
- Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Expertise with engineering software (StressCheck, Compass, WellPlan).
- Well Control (IWCF) Level 4.