RIG INSPECTOR - SUBSEA BOP & WELL CONTROL
- Our partner ADC is looking to recruit Rig Inspectors based in the Asia PAC region to conduct inspections on Subsea BOP & Well Control systems.
- The job holder is responsible to provide ADC’s Clients with valid assessments and reports on the suitability, serviceability and functionality of the BOP and associated Well Control equipment installed on drilling units in accordance with ISO19011 Guidelines for Management System Audits.
- Furthermore, he may be required to provide specialist advice, operational support or training material to clients upon request.
Staff or Contractor
High School Diploma
Offshore - Asia PAC
- Review of BOP & Well Control Equipment documentation and certification in accordance with industry standards
- Provide review and Gap Analysis during pre-inspection documentary reviews. Evaluate and provide Gap Analysis for client specific test schedules and procedures
- Visual inspection, intrusive or non-intrusive as applicable, of BOP & Well Control Equipment components, Control System and associated high pressure systems.
- Review, inspection and function testing BOP Control Panels and HMI’s.
- Witness and ensure the safe conduct of BOP & Well Control Equipment Functional Testing in accordance with API S 53.
- Witness and ensure the safe conduct of BOP & Well Control Equipment Pressure Testing in accordance with API S 53.
- Provide regular updates to clients in the form of Daily Reports and Final Reports.
- Supervisory Subsea Engineering Position held for over 10 years.
- Chief Engineer level or equivalent.
- Background in test and evaluation of complex systems.
- Familiarity with surface BOP and BOP Control Systems equipment condition assessment and ability to identify issues with equipment items.
- Familiarity with surface BOP equipment and systems installation.
- Ability to identify issues with system installation.
- Ability to review and understand surface BOP equipment Operating, Maintenance Manuals and related Technical Drawings.
- Ability to witness surface BOP and BOP Control equipment during functional and pressure testing and identify whether the equipment is operated in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) procedures, API Standards and functions in accordance with Rig specific OEM Functional Design Specifications (FDS).
- Familiarity with respective standards, specifications and recommended practices applicable to surface BOP and BOP Control equipment i.e. American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Ability to witness mechanical equipment during testing and identify whether the equipment is operated in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) procedures and functions in accordance with Rig specific OEM Functional Design Specifications (FDS).
- Ability to accurately identify and categorise non- conformances in accordance with Company report writing guidelines.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Fluent in English language.
- OEM BOP (Subsea) Equipment Classroom Training or equivalent.
- IWCF Well Control level 2 or above
- Understanding Drilling Equipment – IADC Accredited
- Understanding Dropped Objects – IADC Accredited
- Valid Offshore Medical & Survival Certificates.