Rig Inspector- Electrical
- The Rig Inspector - Principal Specialist - Electrical is responsible to conduct drilling rig equipment condition audits in accordance with ISO 19011 Guidelines for Management System Audits.
- To provide the Client with a valid assessment and report on the availability, reliability and fit-for-purpose of all electrical equipment and systems relating to the control of rig power, drilling, hoisting, marine and safety critical (excluding BOP) equipment.
- Furthermore, he may be required to provide specialist advice, operational support or training material to clients upon request.
Staff / Contractor
Degree or Equivalent Exp
- Review and understand Company generated materials and instructions with regards to Client audit requirements i.e. Project Journal
- Review and understand Client generated materials and instructions with regards to Client audit requirements i.e. Client Policy and Procedure, Drilling Programme, etc.
- Confirm availability of applicable and relevant information and reference materials necessary to conduct the audit i.e. API, IMO, OEM, ISO, Classification, etc.
- Identify gaps in audit checklists in satisfying Client audit requirements; advise and assist assigned Project Engineer in developing checklists as required. This includes production of acceptance and integration testing plans.
- Acting as the responsible discipline Electrical Specialist within the audit team, advise, assist and report progress to the Lead Auditor on the electrical aspects of the audit to enable test schedule creation and monitor.
- Acting as the responsible discipline Electrical Specialist within the audit team, conduct inspection tasks in accordance with ISO19011 on the electrical rig equipment to include visual inspection (internal and external as required), record dimensional check information, witness of operations of equipment, witness system integration testing, conduct interviews with auditees, review certification records and review maintenance records.
- Acting as the responsible discipline Electrical Specialist within the audit team, report findings from inspection tasks as per the requirements of Company’s report writing guidelines. The Lead Auditor assumes responsibility for the preparation of the DRAFT report; the delivery to the Company Office may be deputised to a member of the audit team.
- Participate as required in audit meetings; as a minimum attendance to opening and closing meetings are a minimum expectation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Identify potential risks/hazards related to the activities being executed and report on them to the appropriate authority on site.
- Implement risk reduction plans and ensure that they are fully understood and accepted by all personnel.
- Participate in the preparation of HSE Safety Cases if required.
- Identify the need for, and participate in the preparation of, requests for dispensation from established procedures - should this be required for contingency reasons.
- Dependent on project requirements, the Electrical Principal Specialist may be required to liaise with operational, technical and managerial personnel from Company, Contractor and/or Governmental organizations.
- 20 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Chief Engineer level or equivalent.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of power, drilling, hoisting and marine systems.
- Background in test and evaluation of complex systems.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Computer literate, capable of producing technical reports, and organising/analysing data.
- Broad knowledge in mechanical, hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Electronic systems technical experience
- Fluent in English language.
- Valid Offshore Medical Certificates.
- Valid Offshore Survival Certificates.
- Degree level education or equivalent in related field.
- Understanding Drilling Equipment – IADC Accredited
- Understanding Dropped Objects – IADC Accredited
- Understanding Well Control – IWCF Accredited