Rig Inspector - BOP Specialist
- The Rig Inspector - BOP Specialist – Surface Bop Stack is responsible to conduct drilling rig equipment condition audits in accordance with ISO 19011 Guidelines for Management System Audits.
- Furthermore, he may be required to provide specialist advice, operational support or training material to clients upon request.
Staff / Contractor
Degree or Equivalent Exp
- Conduct external visual inspection of surface BOP and BOP Control equipment items & systems.
- To provide the Client with a valid assessment and report on the availability, reliability and fit-for-purpose of all BOP equipment, including;
- BOP Control Panels
- HPU and Accumulator Unit
- BOP Carrier
- Hoses and Control Lines
- BOP Test Pump and Recorder
- As required, witness conductance of dimensional inspection of surface BOP equipment i.e. cavity clearances.
- Witness functional and pressure tests of surface BOP and BOP Control equipment items and safety systems.
- Conduct review of available documentation & maintenance system with respect to the surface BOP and BOP Control equipment.
- 20 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Supervisory Subsea Engineering Position held for over 10 years.
- Chief Engineer level or equivalent.
- Background in test and evaluation of complex systems.
- Familiarity with surface BOP and BOP Control Systems equipment condition assessment and ability to identify issues with equipment items.
- Familiarity with surface BOP equipment and systems installation.
- Ability to identify issues with system installation.
- Ability to review and understand surface BOP equipment Operating, Maintenance Manuals and related Technical Drawings.
- Ability to witness surface BOP and BOP Control equipment during functional and pressure testing and identify whether the equipment is operated in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) procedures, API Standards and functions in accordance with Rig specific OEM Functional Design Specifications (FDS).
- Familiarity with respective standards, specifications and recommended practices applicable to surface BOP and BOP Control equipment i.e. American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Ability to witness mechanical equipment during testing and identify whether the equipment is operated in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) procedures and functions in accordance with Rig specific OEM Functional Design Specifications (FDS).
- Ability to accurately identify and categorise non- conformances in accordance with Company report writing guidelines.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Fluent in English language.
- Degree level education or equivalent in related field.
- OEM BOP (Subsea) Equipment Classroom Training or equivalent.
- IWCF Well Control level 2 or above
- Understanding Drilling Equipment – IADC Accredited
- Understanding Dropped Objects – IADC Accredited
- Understanding Well Control – IWCF Accredited
- Valid Offshore Medical & Survival Certificates.