Manage all Geophysical activities (seismic interpretations for exploration and development, structural maps, structural models, volumetric estimations, site surveys & shallow hazards, special seismic studies
- Seismic interpretation and mapping of the data in the block.
- Integration of geological data into seismic volume.
- Interface with Development Geologist and Reservoir Engineer to help produce geological and reservoir models of each field.
- Work with Development Geologist and the Drilling Engineers to plan well locations and drilling programs.
- Evaluate results from site surveys for shallow hazards and incorporate results into drilling plans.
- Seismic Interpretation and mapping of the data in the Block.
- Rock physics feasibility studies, AVO analysis and seismic inversion studies.
- Pre-drill and post drill volumetric estimations
- Working with the software (PETREL, Peter Rose & Hampson Russel).
- Work with contractors on reprocessing seismic volume to improve data quality over existing volume.
- Present mapping and models to PETRONAS and assist in getting all necessary approvals to drill wells.
- Interface & working on collaboration with the Subsurface team.
- Minimum +10 years’ geophysical upstream exploration experience
- Education & Qualification M.Sc. Degree in Geophysics or related discipline
- Experience on rock physics feasibility studies, AVO analysis and seismic inversion studies
- Experience on volumetric estimations
- Experience working on site surveys/shallow hazards and drilling plans
- Knowledge of the PETREL, Peter Rose & Hampson Russel software.
- Proven ability to provide strong publication and presentation records.
- Excellent understanding of seismic acquisition, imaging and their integration/support of the exploration industry.
- Highly knowledgeable with geophysical processing tools, development, strategies and styles.